Am I allowed that? Huh? Am I even allowed to have a favorite daughter? Probably not. If I had just one daughter I could – but four? Tsk, tsk, tsk – it’s just not allowed, would be unwise, not sensible, unacceptable, unfair….. I could go on and on!
If I had to pick – well now that wouldn’t be easy. You are all special to me but……beginning with the oldest, lets name your attributes. Do you mind if I tell your age? Not when you are your ages I guess, but wait till you get to be my age and don’t want to acknowledge it! I really don’t have to ask your permission because this is my blog and when any of you get your own blog you can tell my age on it – deal? I don’t see that happening in the near future, do you? I didn’t think so…
First there is Terri, age 38 – the oldest of the twins – my first born – beautiful smile…gosh this will be hard!
- great with kids
- goes out of her way to help others
- puts her family first
- very laid back – Will may never sleep in his own bed! 🙂
- loves, loves, loves chocolate but shouldn’t have it – is that an attribute or just a fact? A fact I think!
Then there is Kerri – 38, but 20 minutes younger – outweighed your sister and you were usually first in the ‘first’ categories, (crawling, walking, first tooth) but not by much! Sometimes by just a few hours!
- always lending a helping hand
- has the attitude that every one is family and knows no enemies
- is there for her family any time she is needed
- doesn’t mind sleep-overs with her children’s friends – the more the merrier!
- hard worker and head-strong
- A sweet-eater too, and shouldn’t have it either! Another fact. (And they are more alike than they let on)
Amie is the third daughter and three years younger at 35 – the quiet one – she is a first too – my first single baby….It’s getting harder!
- very determined
- always finds the good in others
- very, very, very, musical
- loves to share in family gatherings
- sense of humor
- very committed to her church family as well as to her own family, and steers her children in the right direction
- loves her naps when she can fit one in – and yes, we all should have one of those every now and then – funny though, she didn’t like them when she was a baby. I guess she is making up for lost time! 🙂 Fact again!
Jessie comes in as number four at – I hope I am getting this right – 27? Am I right Jess? Another first! She was the first one with blond hair, though it gets darker and darker every year now! Hummm…This may be too hard for me to tackle. Can I erase all this and write on another subject? No? Then continuing on because I am not a quitter…..
- loves to find ways for all the sisters to be together at one point during the year
- considerate of others feelings
- family oriented
- loves her junk food….can make a meal out of better cheddars, cream cheese, and olives – they don’t make better cheddars anymore so cheese nips will have to do! And this is fact number 4!
You all have some bad habits, but we won’t go there. Did you see anything in there to sway me to choose one of you over the other? I knew this wouldn’t be easy. Maybe that is why no one should have a favorite daughter. But what is the definition of favorite anyway?
a. One that enjoys special favor or regard.
b. One that is trusted, indulged, or preferred above all others.
c. One that is first.
That’s it! Did you see it? First!!!! You all were in some form or fashion first! Terri – the first born. Kerri – the first in the first categories. Amie – the first single baby. And Jessie – the first blond! I guess that means I don’t have to choose. Yay!
You have all have won the title of “My Favorite Daughter!” Congratulations to you all! 🙂 Clapping of hands…stomping of feet…cheers…hoorahs!!! Do you hear all that? The crowd loves you! Hear the roar? (Crowns will be sent to you shortly)
You know what this means though don’t you? I can and will have a favorite son – hey that’s you Andrew! I bet you thought I had forgotten all about you, huh? Who can forget that sweet face? I can if you don’t answer that cell phone or my texts when I try to contact you!
Whew!!! I was a little worried how this one was going to turn out! 😉 wink, wink
!!!!!!ENTER THE CONTEST TO WIN A SIGNED COPY OF What Line!!!!!!
Three copies will be given out! Yes, I said 3!
Please remember to add your comment under Where Oh Where Is This Storyline Going Now? – Comments Please! You must add a comment to be eligible to win.
I want to thank everyone for their interest because since I posted that essay I have had many new followers and likes on my blog – just not many comments – except from family – which I appreciate very much, but you do know that family can’t win. Right? Sorry! 😦 Keep those comments coming though because its great to have family behind me!
I am also going to extend the deadline to May 24, 2013. That will give you two extra weeks to get your copy of Crossing The Line to read so you can form an opinion and make your comment. Yay!