These are a few items on my list I had to ignore to be able to get through the weekend. Maybe that is why my post is so late today or it could be that I just have a lot to do. I have to lay the blame somewhere! 🙂
- Cashier who avoids eye contact by looking everywhere in the store except at me – Did she even hear me say, “Can you scan this case of water please?” – Evidently she did because she scanned it. I felt as though I was being run through an assembly line.
- And just opposite of that is the cashier who says, “awwlllllright!” at least four times during the checkout procedure. (Put the emphasis on awwlllll). Puhlease! It’s what you do when you praise a child for a job well done. I was ready for my praise because she had already done the same for the two customers in front of me! 🙂
- Employees in fabric stores who have no idea what you are asking about. “I’m sorry. What is horsehair braid? I don’t sew. I’m only working here to make my spending money.” giggles a maybe-sixteen-year-old-who-probably-can’t-even-thread-a-needle. This could go for any specialty store. It’s like selling something you have no knowledge about.
- Never getting that extra plate you ask for when you are going to share a meal in a restaurant. Finally, after you have almost finished your meal on the bread plate the waitress arrives with your extra dinner plate.
- Having your entre’ brought to the table three minutes after your salad. I’ve never waited tables and would never want to because of these reasons. It’s hard enough to put a meal on the table for your own family!
Surely I’m not the only one who makes lists. What do you have on your list?