Where was that sign when I needed it? Sometimes we all could use an ‘OUT OF OFFICE’ sign even when we don’t work in an office! Last week I did – and I didn’t have it. Maybe I was hoping the week would get easier and I wouldn’t need it, but that didn’t happen.
The projects I didn’t do last week:
- I didn’t post on my blog – No! Not one itty-bitty post. I did re-blog from another blog with an important message about Read Tuesday and if you saw it great! If you didn’t, please look back and read.
- I didn’t get my microwave installed – Yep! It’s still sitting in the box in the middle of the living room. Right now it is a catch-all for items that don’t have a home. Maybe I can use it for a Christmas tree stand in a couple of months. Now there’s a thought!
- I didn’t get any more written on ‘What Line’. – It’s still in my head though and keeps growing!
- I didn’t get my house cleaned – and no elves came in to do the work!
That list could go on, and on, and on, and on…….
This is what did get done:
- I did finish my work for the week for my paying job and got it delivered on time – barely on time!
- We made a trip to Troy University on Tuesday to watch Andrew perform in a Percussion Ensemble Concert. We even got to take him out to dinner and spend a little time with him. (He hasn’t been home since he went back to school in July.) 😦
- Wednesday Harry took the day off and we spent the day together. Bad weather and we thought about preparing for a predicted Hurricane Karen – but, thank you Karen! – Good thing we didn’t waste time preparing.
- Friday was Walton’s football game and the band performed and did a great job – even without the bass drum!
- Saturday morning we were up early – way too early after getting in at 12:30am from the Walton ballgame. It was now Troy’s Homecoming and we really went to see Andrew perform with ‘The Sound Of The South’! It just happened to be a great game too.
- Sunday afternoon I got this house cleaned up because like I said, “No elves showed up!”
Sometimes you have to put your life on hold to be able to get the most out of it. The projects, the housework, and the writing can wait. Life goes on and you can never get back those important moments!