There’s something to be said about your new years resolutions list – or is there?
Everyone makes these lists but do we all keep them? Do you actually read over them every day and check them off as done?
I’m guilty of forgetting they are even there until the next new year rolls around and I think to myself – oh yeah – I was going to do that last year!
So this year…maaaaybe I won’t make any?
I could list a few of these most common New Years resolutions even though a few don’t apply to me.
- Loose weight
- Improve financial budgeting
- Exercise more
- Get a new/better job
- Eat healthfully
- Manage stress more effectively
- Quit smoking
- Improve a relationship
- Stop procrastinating
- Set aside time for yourself
OR…I could list these realistic resolutions that are my own. There’s no one to compete with except myself. If I don’t manage to complete one…or two…or three, it will always remain in my list for the next year and who will be the wiser?
- Write more so I can finish ‘What Line’ – My published goal is March. Now remember, I didn’t say March 1st. There are thirty-one days in March and I intend to make use of every last one of them. 🙂
- Make my workroom – aka ‘The Philadelphia Room’ – a room I can honestly call my own instead of a storage room – Where all that “stuff” will wind up, I honestly can’t say, but I have visions! That new ceiling fan (yes, I know we’ve had it sitting in the box for a few months) with light will be installed and I’ll be able to actually see. 🙂
- Paint all my inside doors and woodwork – My son-in-law, Davey, installed them over a year ago. It’s about time don’t you think?
- Finish my kitchen – The over-the-stove microwave is going up as I type! Yay! Then all I have left to do is the tiled back splash. And a new paint color because we have changed our minds again! Oops…H just asked me to make cookies. The oven will be hot so he can’t move it out of the way to install the microwave, so maybe later tonight or tomorrow. By the time he goes back to work on the 6th for sure though! One more thing in that kitchen is the want – not the need – of a new fridge. I can just picture a sleek, trim, shiny, stainless refrigerator. That vision will be all I see for a while though because we can’t justify spending money on something that works just fine even though it is an ugly white dinosaur! It can’t last forever, can it? One day it WILL be on the curb!
- Build my desk in the without-a-door-unused-hall-closet – I do this every day in my mind or in my sleep! One day I hope to wake up and the shelving and desktop complete with pictures hung, shelves filled, and files filed will be completed. If it could only be that easy! 😦
I think this is a realistic goal. There is even a little wiggle room in there to do some little things such as hang pictures, straighten out my files, remove some clutter, and maybe tackle that yard! With no cell phone at the moment I have a lot of time on my hands. Lol!
Gosh! According to this, I’m going to have a busy year! What are your goals for the new year? Are they as realistic as mine – or not?