I honestly have no idea, but I have a theory. I believe our dreams consists of parts of our day, week, month… Bits and pieces of information we have processed during these times are all jumbled together in our minds causing great chaos and confusion. As we sleep our minds start to defragment, as we used to do our computers, putting each thought or event into order – not necessarily into the correct order. This triggers a dream and by the time we awake we have a spectacular story. Eventually that story could produce a post as my dream two nights ago did.
This particular dream was about Andrew and Jordan. Evidently I had posted something on Facebook about Andrew stressing out over school sometimes. (He usually does this at the end of the semester, though he has gotten better about it.) Jordan’s mother must have seen what I posted and she sent me a text with a picture attached. The black and white picture was of Jordan and her brother and sister as young children, taken as a side view silhouette. They all looked to be about the same age of four or five and were lined up one under another. Jordan had a big smile on her face. Her brother and sister were both crying with huge tears rolling down their cheeks. Under the picture she wrote, “I just wanted to trade those two in for happier children. Jordan is still smiling.”
Now during this dream, for some unknown reason, I was making Jordan a dress. I transferred the picture to some fabric and incorporated it into this dress I was making. Jordan was thrilled with her dress with the pictures on it.
Sometime during the night I awoke and wondered why in the world I had dreamed this. Here is where my theory takes place:
- Andrew does stress out about school at the end of the semester and it is drawing near. I’ve given it some thought a few times over the past week.
- My granddaughter, Cadence, recently had a silhouette picture done at her school. She is four and Jessie plans to have one of the other two children (a boy and a girl – scary huh?) done when they are four.
- I have been wanting to sew something besides pillows (they sometimes get a little boring if it’s all you do) and have looked at patterns recently.
- I have a friend who posts pictures of her new niece on Facebook and that baby is always smiling. Not just a smile, but a huge smile! I have never seen anything less and commented last week to someone about how that baby is always smiling.
- Jordan is always smiling. I don’t believe I have ever seen a picture of her when she wasn’t. She’s a happy, happy girl.
These items do not fit in at all though:
- Actually, I have never met Jordan’s mother. Her parents are usually at Troy when we aren’t and vice versa. We seem to never show up there at the same time.
- Jordan’s mother and I are not friends on Facebook and I doubt that she has my phone number to be able to text me.
- I have never sewn a dress for Jordan unless you count the time I hemmed her choral dress. You can read about that from the highlighted text.
- Jordan is an only child!
So…my mind is defragmented and a story has evolved from the process. I better be careful what I do and think because I may start having nightmares any night! How about you? Do you dream? Would your dreams be worth a post? Does this even make sense! LOL!