I don’t always get around to doing the things I want to do. You know – those items on your list that don’t get crossed off or they are pushed to the next page day after day. They seem to be continually shoved down further and further in the list until they are no more. Then suddenly one day, by chance, you remember there was something you must do! Do you ever have days like that? Or a weekend? Or a week?
I read this post from Kindredspirit23’s Blog this morning and Scott said it bothered him that it was bothering him. Yes, when I read those words I realized that’s just how I felt this weekend.
- There was a blog party I wanted to attend. Didn’t make it.
- There was Facebook looming on the horizon and I had promised myself I was going to work on the promotion of it. Didn’t happen.
- I had some drafts started on WP and planned to finish them up and schedule for the week. You can see by this that didn’t get done either.
So what did I do this weekend?
- Went to a concert. Andrew was home to perform with the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra – A Night at the Opera. He was principal chair for percussion for this concert only so it was kinda exciting!
- Found Andrew’s lost car key. Well H actually found it in the yard. We had spent 2 hours Saturday night and about 2 hours Sunday looking for it in the house. I was almost out the door to buy a padded envelope to self address and stamp so Andrew could mail his extra key to me on Monday. I was going to have to let him take my car back to Troy if we didn’t find the key because I had not planned to be homebound all week!
- Edited Andrew’s paper for Music History – Development of the Timpani. I learned everything I never knew or didn’t care to know about this instrument. (Did you know the singular word for Timpani is Timpano and is seldom used in America? Timpani is plural.)
“It was bothering me that it was bothering me” as Scott said in his post. It shouldn’t have. There will be other blog parties. Facebook will always be there. And look here! A blog post did get written – not scheduled and not as early as I like to post, but it got written!
Life happens. You realize those things on your list that never got done will be waiting for you when you have the time. Believe me when I say that list will not go away! Your world won’t fall apart if and when you stop and get involved in the world around you. You may miss something if you don’t stop. You may miss family.