It’s the ‘little’ things you do that show the love and support women have for their husband or significant other. This can either be taken as a rant or a pat on the back. It is what it is…
- With eyes barely open you make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for his lunch even though the smell of peanut butter always brings back bad memories, especially at 6am.
- You pack the last Moon Pie in his lunch knowing that’s what you really wanted for breakfast this morning.
- You wait patiently for his call every morning to let you know he got through that horrendous traffic safely on his way to work even though you would rather go back to bed. Now you are wide awake.
- You rise from your warm bed every morning at 5:30am, staggering to the kitchen to throw together some cereal, juice, and coffee and then make him a lunch – preferably not peanut butter and jelly.
- You are on call all day going over and beyond the call of duty to take care of any emergencies that may arise and putting your tasks on hold for longer than you wish.
- Even though you are not feeling up to par you muster up the energy and enthusiasm to show up and support him at yet another event he has for work in the evening, then trudge home exhausted to get a few hours of sleep before it starts all over again in the morning.
I don’t often take the day off from my morning run, pushing myself whether I feel like it or not, but…it’s not happening today.