I don’t know when it happened but I seem to have acquired the title of “Queen Of Google“. At least, I sometimes feel like the queen.
When my son calls unexpectedly in the middle of the day…
My son called me yesterday…out of the blue…when I knew he was busy working a band camp in south Florida…
“SC called and asked if I would be able to drive the band truck and they need a copy of my driving record.”
I think that’s what he said because he caught me off guard. While I was trying to concentrate and listen to him part of my mind was drifting off to the worst case scenarios. He’s sick, had an accident, has no money… Thankfully, that wasn’t the case – except maybe the money part.
Well, I worked my magic and googled “how to get a copy of your driving record”, because I’d never had that question arise before. For good measure, I called my daughter who sells insurance, and asked her.
Then I googled the DMV for a phone number and talked to someone there. I was given info and a website to download a form and the cost.
I wrote it all down in a text and sent it on it’s way to Andrew. It’s now in his court.
What would we do without google?
Numerous times during the day I find myself faced with a question I don’t have the answer to or my curiosity is taunted by something I’ve read or experienced.
- Need a recipe for that dinner you really don’t want to cook? Google it.
- What’s the name of that plant with the yellow blooms and purple berries my mother-in-law called the LSU plant? Googled it.
- My grandchildren are visiting. What to do with all those mindless hours? Google activities for children in your area.
- Watching an old movie on tv? Google that actor who has you mesmerized.
- I needed the size of a twin bed last week. What did I do? I googled it.
Who keeps all this info cluttering up the brain when the answer is a couple of clicks away? Google does. The possibilities are endless!
But be careful of what you google because anything you google will show up as a sponsored ad in your Facebook newsfeed for the next six months!
Those pants I googled last week are still following me around. Thanks Kate!